Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My First Post

So this is going to be the first thing I ever post on a blog. To all you in my class, I know, this is a really late start. But hopefully I'll make up for it. Here's a song for starters. I've been addicted to this for the past week. It's a remix of Nico's 'These Days' by Shinichi Ochawa. Someone spliced in footage from The Royal Tenenbaums (which is definitely worth a view). It does and doesn't work with the song but it's something to look at.


(AND THATS HOW IT WORKS! You come here and click a button and for the rest of you're life you have a great song/film)

Anyways, now that you've got a song to listen to and you'll probably have to stick on this page as is plays out, here's some information about Eff-POP.

Eff-POP is a music and film blog that brings to you the songs and films that you never hear about unless you look for them. We'll I've done plenty of searching and whoever finds this blog won't be disappointed. Promise. (Unless you're favorite song is Beyonce's Single Ladies or Black Eyed Peas 'I Gotta Feelin', which if it is the latter, than you'll love this remix of it)


Now, back to Beyonce. For me, the whole mindset that popular music is at an all time low began because of her. Or because of Rolling Stone really. Of all the amazing songs from 2008, a great year for music, Rolling Stone labeled Single Ladies the greatest of them all. OH. MY. GOD. This is the type of song that makes me cringe when it's played at the bars. That makes me think, what the hell am I doing in a place like this? I'm not saying that Beyonce's a bad singer, she has an amazing voice, but this is the type of song that makes me appreciate silence. When I'm on a 10 hour plane ride and my IPOD dies in the first 10 minutes, I can find some comfort in the fact that at least this song isn't being blasted on the speakers.

Ironically, this is something I just noticed, Rolling Stone labeled the Santogold song remixed above, LES Artists, as the second best single of 2008. So yes, we know that there is good music out there and that people do have good taste.

So it isn't the music that's bad. It's the music were being fed thats bad.

So I'm here to try and help you get out of the 99.5 radio muck and away from the Twilight screenings. (Far away)

So turn on, tune in, and let's do this.


3 comments: