Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dirty. Filthy. Melt Your Face Off Tuesdays

So for all of you who haven't gotten into this new music called Dubstep, this post is for you. It's that type of music that if your parents heard, they would think you were listening to pure noise. At times it even sounds like noise... but its melodic noise. That melodic WOMP WOMP WOMP that you feel in your body.

Too often now I'll be driving with a friend looking for a song to play and ask him/her "Do you like dubstep?" and they'll say "What's dubstep?" It's almost 2011 damnit, people need to hear this.

This is the future. This is what you will be hearing throughout the bars and clubs in under five years. First the rap/hip-hop genre will adopt it and then BOOM it's gonna be everywhere. That's my prediction. In fact, it's even started to happen a little.

So here, get a heads up, and LISTEN to these amazing songs. I'll ease you into it with the more radio friendly songs towards the top of the list.

Matisyahu feat. Akon - One Day Jakwob Remix

This is one of those Dubstep songs that could be easily played on the radio and people would love it. But for some reason, you'll never hear it. Instead, they'll choose to cycle between the same terrible five songs all day. Well anyways, this song is worth a listen to, in fact, I haven't met anybody who hasn't liked it yet.



White Lies - Death (Chase & Status Remix)

A friend who lives in London introduced me to White Lies. He went to high school with them and was telling me that they were about to blow up, and the summer of 09 they did. In England, their album overtook U2's No Line On the Horizon, and deservedly so. I was amazed by the fact that this band was my age, as the singer sounds like a 35 year old man. But they definitely know how to jam. Though this song doesn't really do White Lies justice, since its pretty much just the vocals being used, it's still a good introduction to both the band and Dubstep. So enjoy, this one is dirty, great workout song.



La Roux - Bulletproof (Chrispy Dubstep Remix)

One of the few good pop songs of 2009 (I'll admit, I liked it) and Chrispy makes it even better. This is a great song to ease someone, if thats even possible, into dubstep. Oh, also, don't bother listening to any of these on laptop speakers, you need to be able to get that low bass sound which you need with semi good speakers or else you'll be ruining the experience.


Lil Wayne - Lollipop (Nasty Ways Remix)

First I need to say Lollipop is probably my least favorite Wayne song and Kanye might be my least favorite rapper (other than his first album, honestly, could someone suck more as a person). But this beat is the definition of dirty and here the verse/flow accompanies the music.

The Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman (Cragga Dubstep Remix)
One of my favorite oldies remixes. When I was young, my parents would only play oldies in the car, so I love stumbling across these types of songs. They have an ability to bring you back while also giving you that constant barrage of the senses that our generation loves. I might even dedicate an entire day to oldies remixes, we'll see.


M.I.A. - Steppin' Up (Young Live Dubstep Remix)

I like MIA's music, but for some reason, all of the songs I like are remixes. So I guess I don't really know if I like her music. I also hear that she puts on a terrible concert. But even so, lots of her songs are turned into amazing songs. And this is one of them. One of those, drivin through the ghetto windows tinted out drivin slow in a low rider songs. Oh, I couldn't find it on youtube, so just click on this link and it'll take you to a website where you can hear it.

http://www.soundcloud.com/younglive/m-i-a-steppin-up-young-live-hard-l-a-m-i-a-dubstep-remix

Sky Ferreira - Animal (Young Live Dubstep Remix)

Sky Ferreira, the up and coming queen of electropop. If you haven't heard her single 'One' yet, go get dat 'ish now. This is a remix of her song Animal, done amazingly well by Young Live. My favorite remix of her songs so far. Young Live, please, come out with more music.


Modestep - Sunlight

I had never heard of Modestep before a friend gave me this song a few weeks ago, but so far they are pretty nasty. Just give it a listen. It's the perfect song to blast at 6 am when you're trying to party and the sun's being a party pooper.


Bassnectar - Massive Attack Remix

Bassnectar is pretty popular right now, or he's gaining popularity. He is definitely one of the best out there, though I hear he talks to much during his concerts (saying stuff like "YEAH! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!) when everybody's tryin to get their thang on. Really, nobody likes hearing people talk during songs, which is half of the reason why rap concerts are generally terrible, with the exception of Jay-Z who I need to see very badly. But anyways, this song is redic. Just wait till Wayne starts rapping and you'll be addicted.



Mr. Bass Line JunkE - Dreamer (Dave Dialect Dubstep Remix)

One of my favorite dubstep songs. "You're nothin but a dreamer", and that's alright with me. Just give it a listen.


DJ Fresh - Gold Dust (Flux Pavillion Remix)

This song is so filthy that you'll need to take a shower after you hear it. That is all that needs to be said.



And that's it. I'm thinking of making every tuesday Dirty.Filthy. Melt Your Face Off Tuesday. If you guys like what you hear, let me know, and it will be done.



6 comments:

  1. I love dubstep.

    You should listen to skrillex if you haven't heard him yet. He's absolutely sick. It's not all dubstep but there is a lot. here is a teaser from his second EP that was released a few days ago (basically short clips of all his songs put together).

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEvN_lxDj-Q

    and his first EP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I13f6TTYKWw

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you're definitely right. Dance music has really infiltrated pop music already, and dubstep will follow soon. Do you like deadmau5?

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool, havent heard of him but ill definitely check skrillex out. And yea, love deadmaus

    ReplyDelete
  4. damn those two youtube links are legit

    ReplyDelete
  5. you forgot throwback f. ti (nappy vs. reform extended dubstep mix):

    http://poiskm.ru/song/2623793-Big-Kuntry-King-throwback-f.-ti-nappy-vs.-reform-extended-dubstep-mix

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that I was one of the friends that gave you a song to make this blog!

    ReplyDelete