Friday, February 4, 2011

Filthy Friday: Skrillex and Dubstep

I know you don't listen to dubstep, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do. I don't really feel like writing, but you're gonna want these songs for the weekend, so I'm just gonna put them up.



Skrillex- Skrillex is an incredibly weird looking DJ. That's all, that's really all that I have to say about him. You just need to check how unrelenting his music is, I can't imagine what seeing him live would be like. With these songs, if you have never listened to dubstep before, give them at least a minute and a half before you think they completely suck. The whole point of dubstep is to build up to the climax and then drop a gigantic load of brutal noise on your face. Or if you have no attention span, just jump to the first minute or so, but you'll be doing yourself a disservice. Dubstep isn't a sound, it's a feeling.

With Your Friends, Long Drive (The Night Kids Remix of this song is also worth checking out, I could see people liking it even more than the original)



Night Kids Remix

Benny Benassi Feat. Gary Go - Cinema (Skrillex Remix)


Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites (Also check out The Redial's Blastoise Edit)







Other Dubstep


Magnetic Man - I Need Air


DJ Sneak - Southern Boy (12th Planet and Flinch Remix)


N.E.R.D. & Daft Punk - Hypnotize You (Nero Remix)



No comments:

Post a Comment